About The National Women’s Health Network
Founded in 1975, the National Women’s Health Network (NWHN) improves the health of all women by developing and promoting a critical analysis of health issues in order to affect policy and support consumer decision-making. We are consumer activists, supported by a national membership of thousands of individuals.
This position will assist the NWHN in raising public awareness about the dangers of talc in personal care products and in advocating for legislation requiring FDA oversight of the cosmetics industry. This is a full–time position with generous benefits based in Washington, DC and is funded through December 2020. The Policy Advocacy Associate reports directly to the Policy Advocacy Director.
Candidates will be of particular interest if they have experience working for or with Congress and/or experience working in communities of color targeted by industry for dangerous personal care products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Representing the NWHN at DC meetings with policymakers, staff, and coalition members
- Tracking and analyzing relevant federal legislative, judicial, and regulatory activity
- Organizing, coordinating, and scheduling coalition engagement and constituent outreach
- Drafting and editing policy memos, news alerts, letters, op-eds, social media assets, talking points, template materials, social media graphics, and other and advocacy resources.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Policy Advocacy Director
- Demonstrated interest in women’s health and/or public policy
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Familiarity with Congress and the executive branch
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding regulation of personal care products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with internal and external partners
Salary is commensurate with experience. The NWHN offers generous benefits.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resume, references, and two writing samples to email@example.com “[Your Name] – Policy Advocacy Associate” as the subject line by May 24, 2019. Include salary requirements. No phone calls, please.
The National Women’s Health Network is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.