The NWHN in the News
Women’s health topics attract a lot of media attention — whether it’s new research about menopause, a question about the safety of breast implants or a contraceptive, or a political attack on critical women’s health services. The NWHN is a trusted source for explaining women’s perspectives on these, and many other, health developments.
- American Thinker I The NWHN’s co-founder Phyllis Chesler is referenced and her accomplishments summarized.
- Medical Plastics News I The National Women’s Health Network (NWHN), is cited as a consumer activists group that has long advocated for the greater participation of women and other key groups in clinical trials for all drugs and devices.
- Refinery29 I The NWHN’s Founder Barbara Seaman is recognized for her work with the National Women’s Health Network, which Seaman cofounded, the effects of drugs on women are better understood and shared, and living while female is no longer considered a pathology.
- DAGORETTI NEWS I The National Women’s Health Network is quoted about hysterectomy related stats.
- NBC Nightly News I The NWHN’s M. Isabelle Chaudry is featured in an NBC Nightly News clip givng a statement in a public meeting at the FDA on testing for asbestos in talc.
- MEAWW I The NWHN’s Sarah Christopherson is quoted in a piece about the Supreme Court case June Medical Services v. Gee: Pro-life and pro-choice supporters agree verdict will impact abortions across US.
- Yahoo Finance I The NWHN is cited as an orgnization that spoke at the FDA meeting on testing for asbestsos in talc.
- ReWire I The NWHN’s Policy Advocacy Director, Sarah Christopherson penned an OpEd in response to the LA Timesweaving narratives together to explain what’s really behind conservatives’ enthusiasm for contraception without prescription
- MEAWW I The NWHN’s Policy Advocacy Director, Sarah Christopherson talks about the FDA’s approval of Twirla on Valentine’s Day 2020.
- Yahoo News I The NWHN’s Policy Advocacy Director, Sarah Christopherson is quoted in Yahoo News about how a repeal of the ACA “would be particularly catastrophic for women.
- Romea.ca I The NWHN is cited as having Women of All Red Nations as a part of our advisory board.
- The Student Life I The NWHN’s statistics on the price of birth control are cited in an article about birth control costs.
- Environmental Working Group I The NWHN is credited as a partner organization on a petition to the FDA calling on the FDA to require more stringent methods for testing for asbestos in talc.
Romper I The NWHN is cited giving input into 5 Female Medical Problems That Are Overlooked Or Under-Diagnosed Too Often
- MONROE SCOOP INDUSTRY ANALYTICS AND MARKET NEWS I The National Women’s Health Network (NWHN) is quoted saying that the hysterectomy is the second most frequently performed surgical procedure in the U.S
- ACASignups I The NWHN is listed as a cosigning organization on a letter to V.P Mike Pence, Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex M. Azar II, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma, urging them to expand opportunities for Americans to receive health coverage through the Affordable Care Act.
- National Coalition Against Censorship I The NWHN is listed as a cosigning organization on a letter to hold all public periods until after the COVID-19-related emergency ends.
- Parents.com I The NWHN’s Sarah Christopherson is quoted about telework accomodations for parents during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- KCRW-FM (SANTA MONICA, CA) I The NWHN’s Isabelle Chaudry is featured on the podcast Bodies to highlight the NWHN’s work on cosmetic legislation.
- Washington Monthly I NWHN Executive Director Cynthia Pearson is quoted in an article discussing the silence of patient advocacy groups in regards to high drug prices.
- American Lung Association I The NWHN is listed as a cosigning organization on a letter to the Trump Administration calling for further and immediate action to address the nation-wide shortage of ventilators and PPE due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Huffington Post I The NWHN #MailTheAbortionCampaign petition to the FDA is linked in an article about revolutionizing at-home abortion.